THE ALTERNATIVE TO DIETING
This six-week course, led by Gillian Riley:
• MAKES IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO TAKE CONTROL OF OVEREATING
– even if you’ve failed every previous attempt to eat less
– even if you’ve never been able to diet successfully
– even if you overeat just at the thought of doing this course, as many do!
• GUIDES YOU THROUGH A UNIQUE JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY into the ways you think about food – your mindset about eating less and losing weight.
"I am eating healthier food and less of it. What I like most is the idea of never going on a diet again." THE INDEPENDENT
“A lot of nonsense is spouted on this subject; Gillian Riley is a writer who always makes sense.” NIGELLA LAWSON
This is not a magic quick fix
Eating less is a skill you can learn – but it does take time and effort for you to grasp these new ways of thinking about eating. This powerful process absolutely works, but it can only be done by you, and not for you.
Each week there will be videos to watch and a live webinar to attend. There will be written exercises and a forum for discussion with other participants. If you don’t have at least three hours spread over each week to spend with this, it may not be right for you now.
If you’re okay with that investment, real change is possible and everything you discover will be yours for ever.
"Her techniques have proved successful where other methods have failed." THE GUARDIAN
So what makes it unique?
You won’t be told what to eat, when or how much to eat. Instead, you’ll be given techniques, together with the theory behind them so you understand what you’re doing. Using these techniques, you’re able to make whatever changes you want to make – and connect with your motivation to do so.
You’ll be encouraged to go at your own pace, in your own way. Do you want to stop late-night snacking or comfort eating? Cut down on sugar? Eat smaller meals? Even if you’re not sure where to begin, this process will help you to identify the changes to make, and most importantly implement those changes in a way that lasts.
The course content is entirely focused on sustaining changes in the longer term. It’s not enough to lose weight. What matters is bringing a new attitude to eating less.
- You’ll discover how to eat less without dieting, without feeling restricted and deprived, without becoming obsessed and rebellious – and without falling off the wagon!
- You won’t be told to wait until hungry before you eat and to stop when you’re full, because a good amount of research shows these signals are unreliable. You’ll need an alternative; one that’s flexible and one that suits your schedule.
- You won’t be advised to examine your emotions whenever you want to overeat. It’s good to be aware of what you’re feeling, but this alone doesn’t change how much you want to eat something.
"It's not like a diet, where you fall off and that's that." THE INDEPENDENT
Here's what you get
- Six Sections delivered over six weeks, divided into step-by-step video sessions, with supporting written exercises and notes.
- Live and interactive webinar Q&A sessions with Gillian, each about 90 minutes long (depending on your questions) with access to the recordings, so you can watch – and watch again – any time.
- Membership in the private Eating Less Online Forum, where you can share ideas, and give or receive feedback with others on the course. Questions can be asked on the forum and Gillian will answer them if you want her to, and participate in any of the discussions.
- Access to the Eating Less Online membership site – containing all videos, webinars, forum and course materials – for one year, with the opportunity to renew at a discount if you want.
- Ongoing, live and interactive Q&A webinars hosted by Gillian.
- Privacy and security: your email address will never appear in my webinars or on my course site; you register with any first name you want to use; and your email address will never be passed on to anyone else for any reason.
"A refreshingly realistic analysis of weight management and food addiction with sound advice." TIME OUT
Here's what you do next
- The next FREE TRIAL of the Membership site runs from September 26 to October 7, 2022. For access, click the button below within those dates. THERE’S NO NEED TO LOG IN OR REGISTER.
- We begin with a live introductory Webinar at 6pm London time (GMT+1) on Sunday, September 25th. A video replay will be available the next day on the course site if you’re not able to join us at the time.
- This FREE TRIAL includes access to the ELO Membership site for one week and two live and interactive Webinars.
- The current fee for one year access to the course is £320 GBP – but no payment is required until the end of the free trial, and, of course, only if you want to continue.
- Select any of the buttons below to proceed.
"If you're caught up in a cycle of binging and dieting... there is a sustainable way forward." FOOD MAGAZINE
About Gillian Riley
I’ve been immersed in this material for more than 20 years: teaching, writing about and researching a wide range of related topics. It’s crucial for me to use everything I teach in my own life, and I enjoy long term benefits such as healing arthritis and maintaining a loss of three dress sizes over decades.
My books EATING LESS and the short, easy-read version, DITCHING DIETS, have excellent online reviews. My online course, however, goes much further than is possible in a book, is bang up-to-date, and most importantly allows for personal interaction between us. You’ll be able to ask questions in the live webinars, and through the online forum on the ELO Membership site.
If you haven’t yet watched my TEDx Talk, search for my name or the title – THE MINDSET FOR HEALTHY EATING – on a YouTube page. It’s a good way for you to get a sense of my teaching style.
“It is such a different way of looking at eating and a much healthier and more sustainable way to approach it. I am finding her approach is very doable and I am having success.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“I recommend Gillian’s work to anyone who is tired of trying another diet and wants to find a once and for all solution!” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“The most sensible, wise and compassionate advice I’ve found on how to eat sensibly.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“It is the first time that I feel a sense of peace of mind that fills me with happiness and relief.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“It’s been, quite simply, the making of me. It has changed my life.” ELO Facebook Review
“I wish I had found Gillian and her extraordinary work much earlier.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“Your principles have completely changed my attitude to food in a very positive way. I no longer binge, which I never thought possible.” ELO Review
“Constant craving gone, much less eating between meals, digestion improved, eating less at meals, the food I do eat I enjoy more.” ELO Review
“A year on I’m still a lot more relaxed about food now. If I do choose to, say, have a biscuit, I can stop at one or two and not feel guilty.” ELO Review
“It’s built on a lot of experience. I liked the engagement and interaction of the exercises, even when I found some of them hard to do.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“I struggled for 40 years with a binge eating problem and your method has been the only thing that has helped me. I was able to stop binge eating in just a few weeks. It was truly life changing and I am so very grateful. It’s been amazing.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
“It feels more powerful now.” Eating Less Online Facebook Review
Every email has an “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom, so you can stop emails from me at any time.
Your name or email address will never be sold or shared with any other third party.