“I was stunned at Gillian’s theory… it took me almost a year to drop to a size 10 but I’m finding it easy to stay that size.” ZEST MAGAZINE
“I am eating healthier food and less of it. What I like most is the idea of never going on a diet again.” THE INDEPENDENT
“Immensely interesting and helpful. Empowers those who previously have felt themselves to be the victims of dieting and dietary advice.” Dr DOROTHY ROWE
“A refreshingly realistic analysis of weight management and food addiction with sound advice… Riley is an excellent debunker of the myths that have grown up around food.” TIME OUT
“Her way of achieving a healthy lifestyle and junking diets for ever has got to be the only way forward in my life.” ELLE MAGAZINE
“Gillian’s technique is intelligent and well thought through… I can sense the shift in my thought process and I am no longer grazing from the fridge all night.” THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
“A lot of nonsense is spouted on this subject; Gillian Riley is a writer who always makes sense.” NIGELLA LAWSON
Webinar Series with Gillian Riley
September 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28 and November 4, 2018
at 6pm London Time
→ Six live and interactive Sessions guiding you through the theory and techniques, step by step.
→ Each Session lasts about 90 minutes; presentations are followed by discussion.
→ Contributions from those who have previously attended the seminars.
→ Simple and practical steps to make this real in your life; assignments each week.
→ Recordings of every Session so you can watch - and watch again - whenever it's convenient.
→ Hand-outs to cover material in each Session; recordings and materials to keep.
→ Private Facebook Group open to everyone on this Webinar Series, with daily input from Gillian.
→ Opportunity to join continuing follow-up Webinars.
→ Complete anonymity if you want it.
Would you like any of this:
- a sense of freedom, feeling more calm and relaxed around food
- enjoy food more, with far less guilt or anxiety
- happy to eat more healthy food
- engage in ‘comfort eating’ much less or not at all
- sustainable long term weight loss
- no need to diet again
- stop binging entirely
- eat in a way that’s realistically imperfect, rather than rigid
- feel and be in control
- can eat ‘like a normal person’ (in my clients’ own words)
- tailor everything to individual needs such as vegan or diabetic
- enjoy a completely new way of thinking about food
Schedule for the Webinars:
Session 1 - WHAT'S AT STAKE - September 30
- Discover the most effective and empowering way to motivate yourself.
- Avoid the most common mistake that leads to failure over the long term.
- Develop a stronger sense of worth and confidence, within your relationship to food rather than having this dependent on your size.
Session 2 - FROM SLAVERY TO MASTERY - October 7
- Identify your own sense of choice, and the impact it has on your relationship with food.
- Why the denial of choice can be very effective – temporarily!
- Eliminate obsession with food, and feeling overwhelmed by cravings.
- Create a strong sense of choice, so you can feel good about eating less.
- Implement the two key factors that will make a feeling of free choice real to you.
Session 3 - WANTING MORE THAN YOU NEED - October 14
- Your genuine need for food - and your desire for more.
- Why your excess appetite occurs, when it’s likely to occur, and the forms it takes.
- How to heal your addictive desire to overeat, so it can begin to fade away.
- Setting your own limits to your meals and snacks, and keeping to those limits.
Session 4 - YOUR BRAIN ON FOOD - October 21
- The way your brain reacts to food; what can be changed, and how to do that.
- Working with your survival drive instead of against it.
- Research using fMRI scans; the neural pathways that all addictions, including food, have in common.
Session 5 - ADDICTIVE THINKING - October 28
- Become aware of your own addictive thinking, and how it holds you back from making progress.
- Understand comfort eating; how to go through tough times without overeating.
- Identify and let go of your habitual ways of thinking that support the overeating.
Session 6 - PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER - November 4
- Summary of current theories on nutrition.
- How to let go of being perfect in order to control your overeating.
- Why 'eating when hungry, stopping when full' isn't reliable and what to do instead.
- What to expect in the longer term.